Fedde International Studies Academy's Vision
21409 South Elaine Avenue
Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716
Phone: (562) 924-2300
Fedde International Studies Academy students develop a deep understanding of essential knowledge, critical thought, communication, collaboration and creativity through a rigorous curriculum to better prepare students to compete in a global economy. Our school is a Taking Center Stage National Schools to Watch (one of only 66 middle schools with this designation in California), which means our school programs are a model for middle schools anywhere.
Educating Globally Competitive Students
Fedde has the following course offerings:
- English Language Arts - including Honors courses in the 7th and 8th grades.
- Spanish - all Fedde students have access to Introduction to Spanish and Spanish I, giving them an opportunity to complete university admission requirements during middle school.
- Physical Education - our P.E. curriculum provides students access to our Fitness Lab and state of the art Fedde Sports Complex.
- Social Studies - including Honors courses in 7th and 8th Grade Social Studies.
- Science - including Honors courses in the 7th and 8th grade.
- Mathematics - provides all students access to college preparatory math during middle school with Math 7, Math 7 Advanced, Math 8, and Math 8 Advanced courses.
- Arts - all students have access to art courses during the 7th and 8th grade year, along with our beginning, intermediate, and advanced band program.
- Technology - three state of the art computer labs on campus, along with courses in computers for all students and a Project Led the Way elective focused on engineering and design.
We Prepare Our Students For College
- Global Honors Program - academically advanced students are placed in Honors courses, participate in a Summer enrichment program and participate in college and career seminars and visitations.
- AVID - students in the AVID elective program receive all the support and academic training necessary to prepare for college during middle school, along with access to college related seminars and trips.
- College Preparatory Courses - with Spanish I, Math 7 Advanced, and Math 8 Advanced, Fedde students have access to classes which will put them on the fast track to fulfill college entrance requirements.
Programs That Extend Learning Beyond The Classroom
Fedde students participate in a wide range of activities which extend their learning beyond the school day.
- History Day - our History Day students regularly reach the California State finals.
- Mock Trial - students compete with other schools at the L.A. County Courthouse during October.
- Science Team and Robotics Team- our team regularly attains the highest awards and honors at local science competitions.
- Mathletes - our future mathematicians compete against District and County competitions.
- Middle School Sports - student athletes compete in flag football, soccer, girl's volleyball, girl's softball, track and field events, and basketball every school year.
Other Fedde Highlights
- Breakfast Club - teachers open their doors before school to support students.
- Community Resource Center - providing free parent classes, health care, and counseling support to our families.
- Field Trips - students visit local universities, colleges, museums, and cultural events on a regular basis.
- ICES - free supervised after-school homework help and activities every day until 6:00 p.m.
- Feddex - afterschool academic support from our own teachers.
- Academic Saturday School - English and math instruction on Saturday mornings.
- Positive Student Incentives - our school actively recognizes students for their academic, personal, and athletic achievements.
- Parent Institute for Quality Education - a nine-week course teaching parents how to best support their children.